Vice-Chancellors of Universities,
Rectors of Campuses,
Directors of Institutes.
SCHEME OF RECRUITMENT FOR THE POST OF SENIOR PROFESSOR
Your attention is invited to Commission Circular No. 838 dated 26 January, 2004 on the above subject.
The Commission at its 756th meeting held on 22 May, 2008 decided to amend the Qualifications, Method of Application and Selection Process specified in Commission Circular No.838 of 26 January, 2004 as follows;
As part of the application for the post, the applicant should submit a suitable covering letter, a completed application form if the application is in response to an advertisement/promotion, his/her Curriculum Vitae and self-assessment of his/her contribution to the following fields after he/she became a Professor:(Prof. Gamini Samaranayake)
(a) teaching and academic development;
(b) research and creative works; and
(c) dissemination of knowledge, and university and national development
The other provisions in Commission Circular No. 838 of 26 January, 2004 will remain unchanged.
Please take action accordingly.
1. Chairman's Office/UGC
3. Members of the UGC
5. Deans of Faculties
6. Registrars of Universities
7. Financial Controller/UGC
8. Bursars of Universities
9. Librarians/SAL/AL of the Higher Educational Institutions/ Institutes.
10. Deputy Registrars/ Snr. Asst. Registrars/ Asst. Registrars of Campuses/Institutes
11. Deputy Bursars/ Snr. Asst. Bursars/Asst. Bursars of Campuses/Institutes
12. Chief Internal Auditor/UGC
13. Govt. Audit Superintendents of Universities
14. Snr. Asst. Int. Auditors/Asst. Int. Auditors of HEIs
15. Secretaries of Trade Unions
File No. HR/2/3/106