Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Student fallen sick during ‘leadership training’ dies

Lanka Truth, 02/08/2011,

A female student, who fell sick during the ‘leadership training’ for university students, has died in Badulla Hospital.
Nishanthi Madhushani, who had been undergoing leadership training’ at Diyathalawa Army camp had fallen ill on 29th June and was admitted to Badulla Hospital. Later, she had been admitted to the intensive care unit.
The inquest report indicates the cause of death was a germ entering her lungs as a result of staying in an environment full of dust.
Nishanthi, the youngest of a family of three in Tennekonewela area in Welimada was 24 years old at the time of her death.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Since the strike has now ended and the salary demands being met, I guess you won't take these incidents seriously. I'm willing to bet my four year university education that FUTA will not raise even a tiny squeak against the forceful training put upon the students.

Trust me, I know the lot, I know you are lethargic about these matters.

- A student